Thursday, October 22, 2009

Glee - S0108

There isn't a show on television, I think, that is structurally sloppier than Glee. I'm not certain you're even allowed to introduce plots in the 30th minute of a show. And honestly, just about every minute of this show that isn't a musical performance or featuring Sue Sylvester feels like punishment for a sin I can't imagine having committed.

I don't see why this would follow from the format - stage and movie musicals never seem to have trouble following act structures or working songs into the plot in some sort of way that, if not realistic, is at least consistent.

Pretty good show, though, I liked the My Fair Lady thing. The teacher rapping is embarassing. Finn gets some good lines but doesn't know how to read them.

No comments:

Post a Comment